I don’t often reblog things on this particular blog, but SLEEPER by SSWAMPZZ is my absolute favorite album of 2012. Get this thing while you still can.
8:03 pm 7 notes
Here’s a spooky Halloween song for you!
“Pizza Ghost” by Deer Park Elementary (my old band)
You can download this song and some others for free over here.
11:28 am 21 notes
3:04 am 16 notes
Come In, Bald Eagle is a comic I drew back in 2008 for the third and final volume of the You Ain’t No Dancer anthology books that New Reliable Press published. That book is now out of print and New Reliable Press isn’t publishing anymore so I figured I might as well go ahead and stick this story up on my website for you nice people to look at.
Some notes about this story:
- The first draft that I thumb-nailed out was over twenty pages long. The version that I ended up drawing is only eight pages long.
- One of my friends used to work as an assistant to an eccentric old stamp dealer. Part of her job was scanning in extremely rare, valuable stamps so that they could be sold on the internet. She’d occasionally email me the scans of some of the more interesting stamps, one of them being a stamp that was in fact sent on an envelope from the Titanic. Mary’s code name, Penny Red, is also a reference to stamp collecting.
- The movie Charade was a major inspiration for this comic.
- One of my best friends has been listed in my phone under the code name Bald Eagle for as long as I’ve had a phone.
- The Living Sea is a real book by Jacques Cousteau. It’s great, you should read it.
- All of the buildings you see in this comic are based on real buildings on Marshall Street in Syracuse, NY. My old stomping grounds.
- I forgot to draw eyebrows on certain characters in at least two different panels. How embarrassing!
- I originally planned to draw more comics about Mary and Steven (or Penny Red and Bald Eagle). Maybe I still will!?
- The two main characters, Mary and Steven, are supposed to be in their mid-twenties, though they seem to be living in a perpetual childhood.
- I haven’t yet decided if I’ll include this in my book or not.
Today my job is to trim down a story outline for something very exciting.
Thinking about sunny upstate New York summer afternoons in my parent’s back yard and walking around on snowy winter nights and the music I made with my brothers and my friends during those strange, magical couple of years right after college (like this song).
2:18 pm 9 notes
4:00 pm 14 notes
Preoder the SSWAMPZZ EP now! You can also grab the MP3’s and a printed copy of the upcoming issue of the Miscreant on there, which will feature SSWAMPPZ. This is the first release off of Miscreant Records, and there are a limited number, so get on it folks!
My brother’s band SSWAMPZZ is your new favorite band and you are going to buy their album.
BUY THIS ALBUM. DO IT.
6:10 pm 12 notes
this song is called Scavenger Hunt and is the opening track of the soon to be released cassette.
My little brother’s band is AMAZING.
2:12 am 26 notes