5:51 pm 14 notes
Here’s a little video from the 90’s Nickelodeon show I was in recently at the iam8bit gallery in LA. I was there, somewhere. My painting is the last thing they show in the video, right around 4:16.
12:16 pm 53 notes
Contributor copies just arrived! I’ve got a little illustration in this issue.
11:40 am 540 notes
I drew a variant cover for the very first issue of the new REGULAR SHOW comic that is coming out from BOOM! Studios. It’s up on Bleeding Cool right now (though they seem to have credited it to someone else…).
11:50 am 15 notes
Reblogging this for the day time crew…
Hello friends! I am going to try something out here… a New Yorker-style CAPTION CONTEST!
Here are the rules…
- FIRST: write up 1-3 funny captions for the cartoon up above!
- THEN: send them to me along with your name. You can email your caption(s) to me or send them to my ask box right here on tumblr. My email address is phil AT philintheblanks DOT com. If you email your submission, please write “Caption Contest” in the subjext line. That will help me keep track of your entry and prevent it from getting buried in my inbox, which can be a bit of a jungle at times.
- You can enter up to THREE different captions for this cartoon. They don’t have to be dry “New Yorker” style captions, but they can be! I’m really just looking for funny captions. They can be dry, ridiculous, dark, absurd, weird, stupid, sexy… just have fun and try to come up with something genuinely funny.
- I’m not going to make anyone do this, so it isn’t reallllly a rule, but I’d sure appreciate it if, after entering, you posted a link to my website on your tumblr or twitter or blog or facebook or whatever internet social networking site floats your boat.
- The deadline is OCTOBER 31st! End of the month! HALLOWEEN! I’ll be reading through all the entries on November 1st and picking some winners.
- The number one ultra grand prize winner will get a prize in the mail. I’ll share the winning caption and a bunch of honorable mentions right here on my blog.
If this first caption contest goes well and everyone has fun then I will probably start doing this on a semi-regular basis, maybe one a month or something like that.
OKAY! GO! PUT YOUR FUNNY HATS ON!
8:27 pm 64 notes
Hey guys, here’s a peek at PIZZA SANDWICH, the cartoon show I had in development most of this year. Click through to see more…
I was visiting Los Angeles for the first time and pitching the project that I now have in development at Cartoon Network.
2:47 am 37 notes
So that’s a thing I’m working on!
To manage excitement: “in development” does not mean I’m going to have a tv show. It means if things go really well I might get to make a pilot episode and if that goes really well then MAYBE there will be a tv show.
Whew! I’ve been sitting on this information for what feels like a decade!
10:16 am 80 notes
12:11 pm 6,693 notes
Hi guys, it’s your trusty editor Shannon, and IT IS A BIG DAY FOR COVERS IN THE WORLD OF ADVENTURE TIME!
In the world of MARCELINE AND THE SCREAM QUEENS #3, we have a RAD homage to Liz Phair’s “Exile in Guyville” from JAB, a sick concert poster from Yuko Ota, and a limited variant cover from the incredible Vera Brosgol.
These are some of my favorite covers we’ve ever done, and you can get them all this September! ROCK ‘EM SOCK ‘EM!
That Liz Phair homage KILLS ME.
Welp, looks like the cat is out of the bag. I did an ADVENTURE TIME COMIC BOOK COVER. Mine is on the top left.
11:12 am 13 notes
I mentioned this here a while ago: I’ve been asked to act as the juror for a comic and storyboarding art exhibition. I get to decide who wins a bunch of money!
If you’ve been planning to submit work, the deadline to have your art in the mail is NEXT WEEK. All the info is here.
12:40 pm 98 notes
Drawn in 2005 for Too Much Coffee Man Magazine. But then they stopped publishing new issues of the magazine before this ever saw print. But it later found fame as part of this little article I wrote.
10:19 pm 143 notes
Just a few hours left for the TODAY ONLY SECRET OFFER of SIX FREE MINI COMICS with all print purchases. I hope none of you told anyone about it…
I’ve still got a couple prints left of the image up above.
12:14 pm 211 notes
3:25 pm 49 notes
Work in progress.
Time to go make a sandwich.
11:52 am 47 notes
One of the top secret projects I was working on late last year and early this year is sort of up in the air right now. But it’s okay! If it doesn’t end up working out it may lead to other things. More exciting things! I’ve shown you guys hints and little glimpses of some of this stuff in the past, but I was given a thumbs up to show off some of the full images. So here you go!
Okay! Back to work I go. Have a good weekend, everyone!
12:55 pm 25 notes