The Red Book
Feeling deeply sad for people that “don’t draw” because look at how I spent my Thursday night.
Hey, did you know that I made a book and that you can purchase it here?
I still have some of these little drawings left from TCAF. Maybe I’ll put them up for sale on my website?
A limited edition print which ONLY comes with pre-ordered copies of my book. It’ll never be available anywhere else ever again! Forever! Until the end of time!
When You’re Naked or Pooping
From a really scary comic about bathrooms that will be in my book.
I’m working on lots of things that can’t be shown yet. So here’s a thing I drew last year. My friend Natasha owns the original.
“I’d totally rescue her if I had a bathing suit on.”
- Mark Austin
“My socks are all wet.”
- smotheredrainbows on tumblr
“So this is what’s left of the polar ice caps.”
- aiminginthedark on tumblr
“Well, I have to fall for this.”
- Timothy J. Reynolds
George and Tom were sad to see them go, but they both knew that releasing the boobies back into the wild was the right thing to do.
Good job everyone! I’ll be getting in touch with the winner and mailing some goodies his way. I’d like to do this again soon, so stay tuned!
Working on my book.
Get out there and VOTE today, Americans! I believe having the right to vote for whichever candidate you want is crucial and great. I also believe that if you’re voting for Mitt Romney, you ought to be deeply ashamed of yourself.
TOMORROW is the last day you can send in your captions for the contest!!!!
Hello friends! I am going to try something out here… a New Yorker-style CAPTION CONTEST!
Here are the rules…
- FIRST: write up 1-3 funny captions for the cartoon up above!
- THEN: send them to me along with your name. You can email your caption(s) to me or send them to my ask box right here on tumblr. My email address is phil AT philintheblanks DOT com. If you email your submission, please write “Caption Contest” in the subjext line. That will help me keep track of your entry and prevent it from getting buried in my inbox, which can be a bit of a jungle at times.
- You can enter up to THREE different captions for this cartoon. They don’t have to be dry “New Yorker” style captions, but they can be! I’m really just looking for funny captions. They can be dry, ridiculous, dark, absurd, weird, stupid, sexy… just have fun and try to come up with something genuinely funny.
- I’m not going to make anyone do this, so it isn’t reallllly a rule, but I’d sure appreciate it if, after entering, you posted a link to my website on your tumblr or twitter or blog or facebook or whatever internet social networking site floats your boat.
- The deadline is OCTOBER 31st! End of the month! HALLOWEEN! I’ll be reading through all the entries on November 1st and picking some winners.
- The number one ultra grand prize winner will get a prize in the mail. I’ll share the winning caption and a bunch of honorable mentions right here on my blog.
If this first caption contest goes well and everyone has fun then I will probably start doing this on a semi-regular basis, maybe one a month or something like that.
OKAY! GO! PUT YOUR FUNNY HATS ON!